Friday 10 August 2012

Little distractions

Last weekend we, (my wife and I), decided to adopt two little female cats.  Puzzle is about 9 months old , she is a tortoiseshell, her sister Tuppence is a silver tabby who is about 18 months.  They are adorable and are settling in nicely but being so young, Puzzle especially, they like to play during the evening.  That is when I have to write so there I am sitting at the dining room table playing with Puzzle who is on the floor at my feet looking up expectantly.  Her favourite toy is a stick with a little package tied to one end with string, wriggle it about a bit and she grabs at it!  With my other hand I'm typing up another chapter of my new novel, multi-tasking or what? :-)  Tuppence then jumps up onto the table and proceeds to walk over my key board contributing her bit to my new chapter.  Yesterday evening after their supper they were extraordinarily tired, Tuppence went to her bed and Puzzle collapsed on the stairs, they slept for a couple of hours.  It was so nice to throw open the patio doors, sit outside as the sun went down and write my novel in peace.  So many people who have read The Belgae Torc are asking for the sequel, so I have to get it underway, I have six chapters now drafted out and loads of ideas for the plot, all I have to do is find time to get on with it along with all the other things I have to do with the continuing marketing of The Belgae Torc.  Have a nice weekend everyone where ever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment