Tuesday 11 March 2014

Editing

The next instalment of The Torc Trilogy is well under way. I might have missed my deadline for an Easter launch, but I think July is more realistic. In the town where I live, we have a summer festival going on then, so that would be a good time for a book launch. I'm now working on the second edit and things are looking good. This is the first time I’ve read it in its completed form. The manuscript needs proof reading but that will come in the next couple of weeks providing I don't have to do too many re-writes. I'm a quarter of the way through so far and I don't anticipate any horror stories lurking within the chapters left to read. I still have to work with my publisher on the cover design and back of book synopsis, as well as all the extra bits that need to go in, thank you’s etc. It’s a great feeling to have finished the second book in the series. I have a notebook full of ideas for the third book and I know exactly how it all goes, all I need to do is sit down and write it!

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds absolutely wonderful, Kevin. July sounds better as you said and so does that festival. Please take pictures to share with us, your readers! If I could make one request, please don't forget about the next book in The Witness... I know, I have to read this next installment of The Belgae Torc first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberley,

    Thank you for your kind words. I'm desperate to write the next book following The Witness, I have it all mapped out, or mostly, but I have to get on with the final book in The Torc Trilogy.
    I will make sure loads of pictures are taken at the launch. It will probably be at the Rugby club this time, its a great venue and my old club!

    ReplyDelete