Monday 15 December 2014

Update for December


I was talking to a friend at the weekend who reminded me that I have not updated my blog for some time and we began to discuss the importance of regular updates. I questioned the wisdom of this, blogging when there was nothing important to blog about. His reply was although I might think that I have nothing interesting to say, he as a follower often looked forward to catching up on the ordinary things that are going on in my life. The art of writing is of course making the ordinary sound extraordinary. Not always an easy thing to do.

Anyway, this is a potted review on things going on at the moment.

We have sold our house and are hopefully moving in January. We were looking to relocate in the Wessex, but have now discarded that idea and have found a lovely little house in a quiet village in Kent, our home county. We have been in our current house for 28 years and therefore have loads of stuff to sort though, memories of children growing up, things that we have not seen for over 20 years stored in boxes in the loft etc, etc, so as a consequence my writing has taken a downward spiral. I have a deadline of next Easter in which to produce my next book, the third part of the Torc Trilogy, but as I have only written 25,000 words that deadline seems unlikely. I need to have about 120,000 words and even with time off work over the Christmas period I probably will be unable to catch up. By this time I should have at least 50,000 words. It is difficult keeping all the balls in the air at once, beginning to pack up the house, dealing with lawyers’ enquiries, writing a novel.

Once over this little molehill and things are back to normal, the book will be completed and I will wonder what all the fuss was about.

To everyone reading this, my latest blog, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    I am glad you have decided to stay in Kent. It seems as if you and your family have a deep connection there and should remain if you can. Yes, I too have missed your blog posts but understand how real life can take over sometimes. Try not to let your deadline for writing get the best of you. It will all work itself out. You are one of the kindest and most prolific writers I know! HAPPY CHRISTMAS my friend and thank you for your friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly.

    You are right, my ancestors have all come from Kent as far as I know so my roots are firmly set in this county. The village where we are moving to is set between the two towns in Kent where my grandparents came from.
    Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm so glad you like reading my blog, I will do better in the future and write more regularly.

    Have yourself a very Merry Christmas too :-)

    ReplyDelete