Sunday 29 November 2015

My Study

When working in my study I am usually joined by at least one of my two cats.  Here is Tuppence helping me to write another chapter of the next book in The Torc Trilogy. 




Tuppence looking interested

Tuppence not looking interested!
The battle axe in the background is used to  keep people out when I'm working!

Looking sleepy!

Looking bored!

Smile please!

After thirty years in storage this dusty typewriter takes pride of place.

My study used to be a bedroom hence the rather flowery wallpaper.  I will get round to decorating it, but I quite like it as it is for the moment.

I sometimes like to play background music when I work, so here is my gramophone.  It's an HMV 101 and was made in 1927.  It's all original and works perfectly.  It always puts a smile on my face when I wind it up.  It can be a little loud so sometimes I have to use a record player.



Recently I bought this little portable as I have not played my records in years.  It is just like a briefcase and can be used all around the house.  It is great fun.




This is just some of my book collection.  The broad sword is also a weapon used to repel intruders!




Research notes for my current novel.  Other files contain accounts and ideas for other novels yet to be written.



No comments:

Post a Comment