Monday 8 January 2018

It's my Birthday!

Today is my birthday and Maria, my lovely wife bought me a writing slope.  I have always wanted a vintage writing slope so here it is.

I just love boxes of all kinds.

The leather slope is in good condition.

It looks great opened out.

I have paper, envelopes and blotting paper stowed away in there.

This is a fascinating label.

The label tells me that this box was a prize awarded to Mr W Morgan in 1914 in Birmingham.  This is definitely something that needs to be researched. 

I can now look out for a little vintage ink pot and I intend to increase my collection of fountain pens.  
I have already written a letter using the slope.  How many people apart from Mr Morgan has done this I ask myself, where has the box been for the last 100 years, so many interesting questions.
What a fabulous birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment