Tuesday 30 August 2022

Work in progress




This is a record of my work in progress, the word count.  Last November I started to write a stand alone novel then in April this year I began negotiating with a new publisher.  They suggested that I continue writing crime novels including my character DI Isobel Woods so I changed the plot, cutting out several thousand words, but I feel that I have really struggled with the story.  It's a difficult case for my characters and this seems to have transferred into my writing. The novel is now almost complete and soon the editing process can begin, only then will I know if I've done enough. Will I be satisfied with my work? The really annoying part is, the publisher that I was negotiating with decided not to take me on. At least I have another book in my crime series!

No comments:

Post a Comment