Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Witness



This is one of my paintings, meet Josie MacDonald, the main character in my next novel.
This is how I see Josie, who is incidently an artist in my novel 'The Witness'.
I was inspired to write her story when visiting my sister who used to live near Spey Bay in Morayshire, Scotland. 
Whilst walking along the river in the bay I saw an artist just finishing a watercolour of the old iron bridge which spans the river.  It was then I knew I had a charcter for my novel which at that time was in its embryonic stage.  The manuscript has now been finished for three years and has spent all that time in transit travelling from one literary agents 'slush pile' to another.
I am probably going to publish 'The Witness' towards the end of this year.
Keep a look out here for further information or visit my webite at www.kevinmarsh.co.uk after 12th April as it's still under construction.
Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment