Wednesday 22 January 2014

First blog of the year


I can't believe how quickly the year is going already. Before Christmas was busy enough with book signing events and trying desperately to hit my deadline and finish the sequel to The Belgae Torc. The sequel is almost done; I have about 120,000 words in their raw state which desperately need editing. I still have to write a suitable ending which leads nicely into the third and final book in the series. This is proving to be the problem. I have the ending in mind but my characters keep on prolonging the last few chapters, it’s as if they don't want this book to end. Anyway, apart from that, I'm back on the road attending book signing events. The first was in Ramsgate, England on the south eastern coast near to where I live. It was a good day with loads of people attending a craft fair and looking in on what my colleague Carol, another author, and I were all about. We did sell a few books between us but I ran out of literature and bookmarks, I completely underestimated the number of people who would be about this soon after Christmas.
Carol and I at The Custom House, Ramsgate, Kent UK 18th January 2014
Margaret, one of my fans!, at The Canterbury Library September 2013

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kevin and so well done! I am thrilled that your writing is coming along so well except for those pesky characters of yours. This sequel to The Belgae Torc will be a very big book hopefully and I cannot wait to buy my copy! I love the photographs and eventually we will meet at one of your U.S. tour stops and I can say hi in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberley,

    Thank you for your kind words.
    It would be fabulous to have the opportunity to do a U.S. tour, that would mean I was popular and maybe even a best seller! (Lol).
    Keep warm and avoid going out in the snow :-)


    ReplyDelete