Thursday 19 December 2013

Who would you invite to your Christmas Dinner table?


I would invite these, my favourite people to share my Christmas Dinner.

Dame Maggie Smith
I’m full of admiration for Maggie Smith.
I would invite her to my Christmas dinner because of her elegance, her smile and her wit.  I’m sure she would have some great stories to tell whilst we are taking our brandy and coffee.





Fiona Bruce.
I have always admired Fiona Bruce.   She brightens up my day whenever I see her on the television.  Her intelligence and her views would be a welcome addition to the conversation around the table.





Sir Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill is something of a hero of mine.  He was a writer; painter and he loved to travel especially in France, these are also favourite pass times of mine.
He would I am certain prove to be a popular and essential member of my Christmas dinner party.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    What a great question. I love your dinner guest list. I'm not familiar with Fiona Bruce but I know the other two. Dame Maggie and Churchill...Now, there's a conversation!

    I am racking my brain trying to pick only three people for various reasons. ..
    1) AS Byatt because she is one of the best writers we have today. I would love to talk to her about all things nineteenth century i.e. her books Possession and The Children's Book. 2) Alfred Tennyson, predictable I know, but how I would love to be able to talk to him about writing, about how he saw and wrote everything in his head before putting it to paper and how that process was so difficult for him. Though, I know he would hate talking with me because he was so private and he would find me an annoying girl and send me away! 3) Rex Harrison because I love his films My Fair Lady and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and would want to talk to him about those films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kimberly,

      Fiona Bruce is a BBC news anchor and she presents the Antiques Roadshow. She has also interviewed many high profile people such as Prince Phillip.
      Rex harrison, good choice, what an act in My Fair Lady. Audrey Hepburn is one of my favourites and short listed for my Christmas Dinner group.

      Thank you for commenting and giving your very interesting list of guests.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kevin,
    I sometimes watch Antiques Roadshow UK, so I might have seen Fiona Bruce. I love Audrey Hepburn so much and Charade is one of my very favorite of her films. Enjoy your evening and thanks for such a great post question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this information with us... I have been a regular visitor of this site and I love reading blogs posted here.They are truly very well written,precise and to the point.

    clock table & 3m command

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ricky,

    Thank you for your comments, I'm so glad you like my posts. I should post more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete