Wednesday 5 February 2014

Book promotion and other stuff!

We had a great day in Camberley on Saturday 1st February.  I finally met Daisy, author and owner of Daisy White's Booktique.  She organises promotional events for artists and writers all over the South of England, (and expanding up north)!, under the banner or 'Daisy White's Pop up Shops'.
As you can see, I decided to go dressed as an eccentric, (or mad), author.  It did the trick as people stopped to have their photgraphs taken with me, some even just took pictures of my shoes!
Hopefully there will some more pictures of this event soon.



Other News

The next book in 'The Torc Trilogy' is pretty much finished, just checking the ending to make sure enough loose ends have been tied.  I'm now fully committed to the first edit, trying to find and iron out all the awkward bits.  It will be a few months yet before this process is complete as the manuscript has to be proof read and tweeked to perfection.

I'm also working on the design for the cover.  I want it to be in keeping with The Belgae Torc and have some ideas as how it should look.  I will be working quite closely with Mark, my publisher, regarding the artwork and design.




The third and final part of the trilogy is begining to form in my head and I have notes and research material piling up in my study.  I must get those into a folder before they find their way into the recycling bin!

I'm off to France for a few days from next weekend, so you never know, I might chance upon inspiration for something completely new.  I'm working on notes for another book in the series that follows The Witness, it won't be a sequel, but some of the character in The Witness will also appear in the next book.  I'm hoping to produce five books that overlap in someway.  I'm quite excited about this as characters are popping up all the time and they all have their stories to tell!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on everything your writing and working on, Kevin! Just let me know when I can purchase the next in the series...Great photo of you as well. I hope it went well at Daisy's and you sold lots of books.

    Have a wonderful time in France. I'm completely jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kimberley,

      Thank you for your kind comments. I will put more pictures on as I get them, Daisy has a camera full!
      Hopefully I will have pictures and a tale to tell when I get back from France.

      Delete