Wednesday 13 May 2015

Book preview




                                                                   ISBN 978-1-908341-82-2



The Belgae Torc

England 50 BC - A Celtic symbol of power and wealth, a Torc wrought from white gold, a trophy for a king. Luain Mac Lanis, warrior turned metal smith, is commissioned to make a magnificent Torc, but he knows nothing of the curse surrounding the strange metal. The only way to lift the curse is to offer the Torc to the Gods in a sacrificial ceremony. Two thousand years later the Torc is listed on the inventory of a sunken ship. Dr Orlagh Gairne, a leading archaeologist, is sent to work with Jack Harrington and his crew of salvage experts. It's Orlagh's job to identify the Torc and ensure its safe delivery to the National Museum, but the operation is not as straightforward as expected. Aided by his team of mercenaries and an historical expert, Jack unearths a wave of hatred spreading across Europe. With the past weaving tightly with the present, they must infiltrate the terrorists' lair in order to prevent a worldwide catastrophe.

What my readers are saying:-

By A. Lawrence on 18 Sept. 2012
Format: Paperback
A wonderful mix of history and fiction that kept me reading far longer than intended. I couldn't it put down! It had me trawling the internet to find out more about the settings and references as I felt the need to get closer to the characters. As the read progresses the story twists and turns and the action speeds up to the point where putting the book down would be a mistake.

When's the next one Kevin???


By Kimberly Eve on 7 Sept. 2013
Format: Paperback
I happen to love Celtic history whether it be Irish, English, Welsh, French and even Italian Celtic history of The Gauls. So, when I read The Belgae Torc, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Author, Kevin Marsh writes with detailed beauty and clarity about the many characters and history you'll find here. The story was engaging, and I found myself wanting to do some research about this 'Belgae Torc'. If you enjoy historical stories that are intriguing and dramatic with a well written plot and even humor, then I encourage you to give The Belgae Torc a try. I would recommend it to all my friends who enjoy Celtic history.
 
 
By Stylo on 27 Aug. 2012
Format: Paperback
I was attracted by the historical setting of the novel and, on reading it, wasn't disappointed with the way the story developed into a fast paced adventure! I particularly enjoyed the first part of the story, set in England 50 BC. Great description in this section and creation of believable characters. The book contains alot of historical references which I found informative and interesting! I even found I was not deterred by the technical detail in the novel (surprisingly for me!!)
and felt the author had researched well. In all, an interesting storyline with lots of twists and turns - a book that was hard to put down!!
My books can be purchased from Amazon in e-book format and paperback or ordered from all good bookshops.
For more information please visit my website:- www.kevinmarshnovels.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I shared this post on my Google + and my Facebook page. I love your novels, Kevin and can't wait for the next one my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly.

      I will be profiling my other books, The Gordian Knot next week followed by The Witness the week after.
      Thank you for all your help and support.

      Delete