Monday 9 September 2019

The Cellist, a thriller.

The Cellist, a thriller available from Amazon on Kindle at just £1.99 currently $8.50 in the USA but discount coming soon.




Synopsis


                Mia Ashton, a hard working young cellist has always dreamt of playing to large audiences.  With a series of classical concerts designed to help boost her career and the support of an agent, her desire to become a top class musician is finally within her reach, but then tragedy strikes.
One of her colleagues is found dead soon after performing with Mia and this sets off a chain reaction that threatens to destroy everything that she has worked for.  Living in the shadow of a serial killer stirs memories from her past, pushing her ever closer to breaking point. 
Will Mia find the strength to carry on or will the killer put an end to her dreams?
Perhaps the price of fame is too great.


Testimonials 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in three days, gripped by the fast pace and the compelling settings. The characters came to life and I loved how the author explored, with sensitivity and understanding, so many different worlds from classical performance to transgender issues, policing and retail. It was a great read and I'll be coming back for more!


I can always count on Kevin Marsh to deliver tension. It was in The Witness in spades and the tension in The Cellist comes in the form of a puzzle. I found myself very impatiently wanting to figure out which female was the serial killer going around killing Mia's friends and associates. It was driving me mad because I had to know. Maybe its just me but when I read a thriller such as The Cellist; I enjoy trying to figure out the back story before the author discloses it at the end of the novel. I like making observations as I read the chapters. It makes it more exciting for a reader such as myself.

I bought The Cellist having read all of Kevin Marsh's previous novels and The Witness is my favorite. It is not a sequel but there are characters from The Witness in this novel and we get to sort of 'catch up' on their lives. Think of it as a trauma related victim's reunion of sorts! Anyway, Mia is very likable. She has a traumatic childhood event, is very close to her father and as an adult is a fabulous Cellist. I'm sure classical music lovers will enjoy the chapters where Mia practices certain pieces of music, plays concerts throughout England, etc., I enjoyed her romance with boyfriend Ben as well.

Kevin Marsh is a born storyteller. I can count on his novels to be entertaining, intelligently written, and always exciting! I never know where in the world I will end up but there is always action without gore and overly done violence. He knows how to build a story, develop characters until you reach a tipping point!

I would highly recommend The Cellist to anyone who enjoys serial killer stories with depth and heart

No comments:

Post a Comment