Monday 9 September 2019

The Witness

The Witness a psychological thriller available from Amazon on Kindle for just £2.16 or $2.60




How far would you go to help your friends?
Would you risk your life?
The Witness, a fast-paced psychological thriller that takes you from one end of the country to the other

The Witness


Landscape artist Josie MacDonald is coming to the end of her stay in Scotland.  Whilst out on a painting trip early one morning she witnesses a horrific murder. 
Mr Mac, the deranged killer, is aware that she has seen him at work and sets out to kill her but Josie manages to escape by plunging desperately into the North Sea. 
Mr Mac, convinced that she has perished, discovers a few days later that she has survived and sets out to track her down.  He follows her to London where he subjects her to terrible psychological torment as one by one her friends are drawn into the nightmare.
Josie returns to Scotland in order to discover the truth where her worst fears are realised.  With time running out and a killer on the loose she must survive long enough to bring their horrifying ordeal to an end.

Testimonials

I wanted to read this novel as soon as I saw the title, cover and read the introduction. That was well over a year ago and I am so glad that I have finally gotten around to reading it. As soon as I started to read the first chapter I knew right away that it would live up to the expectations formed in my mind. And now that I have finished reading it, I still hold the same view.

The characters are well developed and either likable or (in the case of Mr Mac the villain), utterly deplorable.

I commend Kevin Marsh - he did an exceptional job of developing the character of Mr Mac. I fully believe that Mr Mac is a homicidal madman, hell bent on creating mayhem, suffering and death, without rhyme or reason. His antics are frighteningly real and as I read the novel, my psyche was at times overcome by palpable fear.

I recommend this novel as a goodread for those who enjoy psychological thrillers and possibly even to lovers of horror.

I thoroughly enjoyed 'The Witness' by Kevin Marsh. It is such a well written and engrossing story. It starts off dramatically and does not let you down as the story progresses. As you get to know the characters, I found them 'all' likeable! I know, even the killer known as 'Mr. Mac' is written with such realistic psychological insight, that I couldn't hate him. I didn't pity him either, which is a true credit to the writing of the author. Instead, I wanted to find out what made him tick and why he targeted Josie. Of course, the reader knows most of the why or at least we think we do!

This is a real page-turner. I had to keep reading to find out what would happen! Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment