Sunday 29 November 2020

The Thrillers, how it all began



The idea for a novel was rolling around inside my head and to exercise the spirit so to speak, I decided to paint a picture just to see what would happen.  Josie MacDonald was the name of this character.  She was also a painter, but that's another story!
She was now real, no longer an idea and it was as if she was expecting more, so I had no choice, I had to write her story.    


The painting was used to create the cover for the book.



The Cellist came next with characters from The Witness coming alive once again.  I was on a roll and as ideas spilled onto the page new characters were introduced some of whom would become the mainstay of future adventures.  
I didn't want to end up writing police dramas.  Naturally because of the nature of each book the police element is very important, but I try to focus on the other characters, tell their stories leaving the police investigation to play out as a natural backdrop to the book.


 The Photographer is the next book in the series.  It focuses mainly on professional photographer Matthew Cunningham and his girlfriend Fashion Journalist Libby Ellis.  Again I had fun telling their story with the help of a few new characters. 

There is another novel, a thriller finished and sitting in a drawer in my study.  It has a working title and of course features many of the characters from the previous books.  This one will probably be published next Autumn, by which time a further book will be completed.
It was my aim to write five books in this series, but if I can keep the ideas coming and the plot fresh then I suppose it could go on for a while longer.  My reader numbers and feedback will probably determine the future of these thrillers.

Each book is a standalone novel, but I suppose it would make more sense to read them in order.
Happy reading everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment