Wednesday 15 August 2012

A little bit about my novel.

 The Belgae Torc is divided into two parts, part one is set in the Iron Age and what happens here influences  the rest of the novel.  The historical content is based on fact as far as I could go, I have taken what we know about this period in history and added a few of my own ideas that may be worthy of further discussion.  Part two brings us up to date with my main character Orlagh Gairne, an Irish archaeologist, who remains at the centre of much of the action throughout the novel.  Her name came from a Corrs song where the chorus repeats the words 'all again'.  As I listened to the lyrics I thought what fun it would be to use what I heard as the name for my character, so Orlagh Gairne was born.  I'm not going to go into what happens in the novel, you will have to read it for yourself, but those who have already experienced it are already asking me for the sequel.  I see this project as a trilogy, as do my publishers.  Part one began life as the begining for another novel that I'm working on, or was until I had to have a re-think and start the sequel.  Novel number two in the sequence will probably be called The Gordian Knot, more about that in a future blog.  I have a plot forming with strains that will stand me in good stead for the third book, I also have seven chapters roughed out, so it's going well.  There are some old characters from The Belgae Torc, especially of course the main characters, along with some new ones.  A good start me thinks, all I have to do now is get on with it.  More about this in my next blog, have a good evening where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment