Monday 3 September 2012

Writing, promoting and drinking beer

I met up with a journalist from a local newspaper last Thursday and spent a pleasurable hour talking about myself and my book.  The interview went well and as the sun was shining she took photographs of me outside with the sea in the background.  (fame at last)! I just hope the resulting story turns out as good as our meeting.

Yesterday we went to a Beer Festival in the next town.  Decided to go by train as it was only a short journey away, this was so we could swill as much beer as we wanted and not have to drive home.  Saw loads of bands and of course drank beer, the atmosphere was lively and there were loads of people I know.  It would have been a good opportunity to give out leaflets advertising my book, but my wife said no, not the time or the place!  Never mind, next year will have to get a stall and try to sell some books and drink beer.

Back to work now so not much chance to continue writing my next novel, a sequel to the Belgae Torc.  Will have to get back into writing it in the evenings but I'm not at my best then especially if my working day has gone badly.  I have to remind myself that is how I wrote my other novels, so the way foward is to sell more books and stop doing the day job.  Anyway, have a good day and enjoy the sunshine whilst it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment