Sunday 23 December 2012

Busy time of the year!


Christmas is almost here and with so much to do I’m wondering if it is a holiday at all.  Friday 21st was the day my works dinner had been arranged, it was also the day I traditionally lunch with a number of friends.  In the past these lunches have been extended drinking sessions where we end up well lubricated and in full Christmas spirit, but this year I had to moderate what I ate a drank as I was going out that evening.  The day went off smoothly enough with me spending a satisfactory amount of time and effort on each ‘jolly’.

Christmas Eve should be good this year.  There was a time when a few of us met up for Christmas Eve to have a meal and drink good wine.  We vowed to always meet up at this time of the year and for many years this came to pass, then one of the couples decided to emigrate to Australia and our Christmas jollies came to an end.  The others in our group, losing heart, just seemed to melt away and we never met up again.  This year however, my friends are back from Aus for a holiday and they are coming to our house for a meal and to keep the tradition going, even though seven years have passed since the last Christmas Eve meal.

Still managing to find time to edit The Witness, but hoping to progress with it apace once the next few days are behind us.  I always find the period between Christmas and The New Year a time when I can get down to business.  By then I’ve had enough time off work to be re- united with my creative side and writing or painting seems much easier to do.  I have loads that I want to get done, just hope I’m left to do it.  So, whatever you have planned make it a good one, enjoy yourselves and Happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment