Friday 11 April 2014

Still editing

Still editing, now half way through the second read and things are flowing nicely.  Proof reading has begun with one or two comments in already.  It's amazing that no matter how many times you carefully read through something there are always errors that get away.  Words repeated, the odd typo, that comma missed, it is so annoying.  Anyway, I'm pleased with the positive criticism so far.  The manuscript will be read three times by different proofreaders.   Sometimes I don't agree with their comments and indeed often they don't agree with themselves.  Everyone is different and entitled to their opinions, so once they have done their reading it is up to me if I make any changes.   Hopefully with this story there's won't be too many.
Next week I am off work so will be able to spend a little more time editing then Easter weekend we are off to see friends in Lancashire.
Happy Easter everyone and happy reading.

2 comments: