Monday 5 May 2014

Manuscript, research notes and hand written notebooks.

From my previous blog about the manuscript, I am pleased to be able to post the completed article.  116,386 words, 472 pages (almost a ream of paper), and numerous books of hand written script.



The novel complete.

This one is for the proofreaders. 

Research notes crammed into a large file.  I also used some of the notes from the Belgae Torc file, (the first book in the Torc Trilogy)

I always write the first draft by hand, I find it more intimate than typing directly onto my laptop, my ideas seem to flow better, besides I love notebooks and pens.  I can't stop myself from going into every stationary shop I see and buying notebooks.  The little book on top of the file is crammed with thoughts and ideas, also hand written research notes.  Each one of my novels has one of these little books dedicated to it.  This was invaluable and followed me around everywhere.  It is where ideas first appeared before being expanded into the script.  There is of course loads of stuff in there that didn't make it into the book, but these ideas may be useful for the next part of the trilogy.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin, you impress me so very much with your dedication, talent and passion for writing. You set a goal to be published and you stick to it. Good on you!
    I must figure out how to do that! Thank you for sharing your writing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly,
    I like to be organised with a clear goal to work towards.
    The proofreading is going very well with only a few minor typo's found.
    The cover is being tweeked slightly and everything is on track for a July launch.
    I am desperate to start the next book in the trilogy but am holding myself back for a few weeks of rest whilst I organise the launch and promotion opportunities for the new book.
    Thank you for your kind comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete