Thursday 28 September 2017

The Cellist update


The PDF version of The Cellist has just arrived by e-mail from my publisher.  All I need to do now is read it (again), and iron out any problems caused by the PDF process.  Once that is done the book will finally be ready for publication.



I want to share with you some pictures of the writing process, how the book was created.



I prefer to write the story by hand first in notebooks.  Once the first draft is done, I then re-write by hand before typing.  This is the begining of the editing process.
The two manuscripts that you can see are the second typed draft and the copy for the proof readers.


This is the first typed draft, heavily red penned and edited.  The book is edited at least three times before the proof reader gets to read it.  Then further edits and corrections are made before it is ready for the publisher.  Once it has gone through the PDF process I still manage to find and correct the odd error or typo, even then some still seem to find their way into the finished product.



This little notebook is most important, I usually carry it with me when writing the book.  It contains ideas, thoughts and research notes many of which did not get into the book.

I use black BIC pens to write my stories, red BIC pens for editing.  I usually get through about ten pens per book.
I prefer to use these pens because a) they are cheap and can be bought in boxes of 50 and b) they are the best quality cheap pens I can find.


One of the many, next stop the re-cycling bin.

The Cellist is due out later in October as a paperback and on Kindle from Amazon.  It can also be ordered from good bookshops.  
More details to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,

    I love your writing process.
    I can't wait to read The Cellist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly, thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. I hope you like The Cellist when it comes out nect month.

    ReplyDelete