Friday 22 May 2020

A book cover is born

Artwork for the book Cutting the Gordian Knot

I wanted something moody for the cover of my book and remembered drawing standing stones some years previously.  Searching through my files I found the A3 sketch in colouring pencil and ink and realised that with some cropping and adding other elements I could create a suitable book cover.

The original A3 drawing in ink and colouring pencil
This is a fictional scene inspired by the stones at Avebury in Wiltshire.


I cropped the picture, focusing on one stone then added a celtic design inspired by the Lindisfarne knot.




All the elements of my design were put together by my publisher and the cover was born.

For more information go to my website:- www.kevinmarshnovels.co.uk   

No comments:

Post a Comment