Tuesday 24 July 2012

Back to the real world!

Arrived back in England on Saturday evening after 11 hours of travelling.  We missed a deluge on Friday and another on Saturday morning, my garden was waterlogged and the plants had gone mad, further evidence that the two weeks we were away there was plenty of rain in the south of England.  The weather here now is hot, higher temperatures than we had in France, where's the justice in that? 
Sales of my novel The Belgae Torc are not yet sufficient for me to give up work and write full time, is this just another dream or will it come true?  They say that 5% of writers reap 95% of the spoils and what's left is shared amongst the majority.  Not much chance there then I hear my wife say but then I live in hope, or do I live in a dream world?
Still in holiday mode, I'm dreaming in French and still think the Loire is just a short stroll away.
I did at least draft 10,000 words and make notes about my new novel, a sequel to The Belgae Torc.  It was a great feeling of satisfaction sitting in the sunshine writing again, so much of my time lately has been organising the publication and launch of my novel.  Now at least I've made inroads on a new project and am now having to reasearch again which I love doing, finding out about things and learning stuff that I never would think about normally.  Anyway, as I said earlier, back to the real world but at least there is an element of fantasy in my life, my new novel is coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment