Wednesday 11 July 2012

In France and writing

Holiday going well with hot weather and an occasional shower.  My French is improving greatly, I don't actually care what I say as long as it sounds good!  No not really but most of the French people I talk to laugh!!!  I have started writing a sequal to my novel The Belgae Torc, I have the first three chapters roughed out and I have a plot developing.  My note book is begining to fill up with scenes and dialogue but it's early days yet.  France is such a great place in which to write, the atmosphere here is pretty laid back and I'm in holiday mode anyway.  I'm relaxed enough to be creative without too many thoughts of work.  It is really quiet in the village where we are staying, the only noise is from the birds singing and the church bell chiming the hour.  The magnificent church is situated just a few yards from our gite but at least the bell stops between 11pm and 7am.  We are just off to try out the local Auberge, support the local community.  It's a lovely evening and I can have a drink and not drive as it's only a five minute stagger away! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment