Thursday 1 November 2012

Small acorns and great oaks.

Commission payment safely in the bank, it won’t go far though but from small acorns do great oaks grow. Well hopefully! Trying to write another chapter of the sequel to The Belgae Torc. Have about 40,000 words that seem to be the right words, have just written 2000 more but they don’t seem to be the right words! Red pen job me thinks. Editing is a wonderful thing, at the stroke of a red pen whole paragraphs can fall by the wayside. Often sections appear written with that same red pen along with directions in the margin indicating to where they should go. What is stronger I ask myself, the sword or the pen? I think better people than I have answered that one. My manuscripts get red penned more than once before I’m satisfied. When I was teaching creative writing I couldn’t stress enough how important editing was, it’s a pain but a necessary one. I must get on as I have another 80,000 words to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment