Thursday 5 February 2015

Settling into village life

At last the house is pretty much sorted out.  New furniture has arrived and now we can invite friends and family to our new home.  We have a bit of decorating to do but most of the rooms are to our taste.
Last evening I actually took up my red pen and manuscript and worked on my next novel.  I must admit that I have not looked at it for a while, there has been far too much to do over the last few weeks, but now I feel I have the capacity to work on it again.  I'm well behind schedule for an Easter release, currently I have only about 25,000 words, so need to write about another 100,000.
If I can get back into the plot and get going again I guess it will take about six months to complete then the editing and proof reading can begin.  Maybe a November release would be just the job to attract sales at Christmas.  That sounds like a good marketing plan so I had better get on with it.
At lease my publisher will like the idea of that!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,
    Sounds like your move is going well. I'm happy to hear that you're writing as well. I can't wait to buy the next novel. Until then, talk to you online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kimberly for dropping by and for your kind comments.
    Chat soon.

    ReplyDelete