Tuesday 8 January 2013

Birthday cakes

Its my birthday today so here I sit typing up this blog with a cream cake in hand.  Another year closer to retirement you might say, but the goal posts will no doubt move again before I reach that magic age.  Anyway, official retirement is a long way off yet.  No editing for me this evening as I'm going out for a meal, but will catch up tomorrow!   :-)   I'm currently looking to purchase a Netbook, a mini laptop to help with my editing.  I use a laptop for everything but find it a little too large to carry around.  I have a kindle which is great, I never thought I'd get on with it as I love books, anyway, I can't use that for editing so the next best thing I think is a netbook.  I looked at an ipad but don't think it's for me, at least a netbook will be compatable with my laptop and my files can be used on both.  If you have any comments or advice on this subject then I will be pleased to hear from you.  I will probably buy a netbook this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. You and Elvis Presley share a birthday. So, Happy Birthday Kevin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly, Thank you.
    My mother is a great fan of Elvis. I'm sure she held me in until Elvis' birthday! His daughter Lisa Marie, was born on her birthday, which is Feb 1st.
    When I was a child my father was away in the army, so for the first couple of years of my life the only male voice I heard was Elvis, played on vinyl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kevin,
    My mother wasn't an Elvis fan but my grandmother was and she made sure I listened to him. From the age of three through adulthood, I like to say, 'I was raised on Elvis.' His voice was the first music I remember. Your mother must have enjoyed sharing a birthday with Lisa Marie.
    I'm sorry I don't know a thing about Netbook's, so I can't give you any advice there.

    ReplyDelete