Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday and working!

Hurrah, finished the technical edit of my novel The Witness.  I'm now reading the manuscript through searching for irregularities and typos.  Some of the paragraphs and phrases need tidying up so a couple of further readings will be necessary.  The story reads well so far, it always looks different when seeing the complete picture.  When editing you are often focusing on paragraphs at a time.  Troublesome paragraphs can take a long time to get right then when reading it back it only takes seconds.  I bought a netbook last week and am doing a lot of my editing on that, it saves reams of printing and loads of money on ink.  The little machine is more convenient to read from than my laptop, it's compact and can be carried everywhere, just like a kindle.
I have just signed the publishing contract for The Witness and am now committed to getting the text sorted and sent off to the publisher by the first week in February.  The artwork for the cover is being done next week and I expect to see the proofs very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment